27 January 2013

Beauty Haul

My First Beauty Haul of 2013 and I'm very excited to show you guys the Makeup products I've purchased this year! Allot of these products are first time buys, apart from the Mac eyebrow pencil  in spiked. I've heard so much about the products I bought below and really wanted to try them out on myself..... So this also means I'm going to give them some wear over the next couple of weeks and be back with my review and honest opinion on each of them.




MAC
First up we have the Mac products I purchased
(Top Left)Mac Mineralize Blush  in Gleeful
(Top Right) Mac Mineralize Foundation/Loose in Dark
(Bottom) Macs Eyebrow Pencil in Spiked
I firstly went to Mac, on a mission to test out their Face and Body foundation because its been given great reviews on its natural finish. However on trying it out, I just had the same problem I feel I now have with all their foundation products, which was that it didn't or at least I don't think it matched my skin tone...so I did take a tester home but to be honest I won't be going back to get it.
    I did want to get a new blusher, as they are really long lasting and pigmented. I was really getting bored of the shades I have, so I picked up 'Gleeful' from their mineralize blush finish. You can see swatched above, it gives a gorgeous rich pinky redish tone with flickers of shimmer which I love. 'Gleeful' and 'Sweet As Cocoa' caught my eyes for going with darker skin tones but sadly 'sweet as cocoa' wasn't in stock. So I walked away with 'Gleeful'.
   I picked up my Mac eyebrow pencil in spiked. Now all my friends know how hard I've tried not to repurchase this product, but to make do with other eyebrow kits or pencils. I just thought the price for 'Spiked' was steep for the amount of product you were getting. However for me going through Sleek, MUA and Benefit... I've now returned to pursue my love hate relationship with it.
   And Lastly I picked the Mineralize foundation/loose in Dark. Now I actually have this in shade Medium Dark which I occasionally use for highlighting when I want a switch up from my Banana powder. I decided to get this 'dark' because for those casual days I'm not highlighting and just wearing natural concealer and foundation I wanted a nice powder to put on top to set the look.

Laura Mercire
 

(Top) Foundation Primer oil free
(Bottom) Secret Conceal Shade 9

I watch BeautyCrush's videos on you-tube and in her favorite videos for 2012 the Laura Mercier primer was one of them. I only heard about Laura Mercier last year and wanted to try her products out however since their quite on the pricey side I thought I'd wait. I visited their counter for the first time and on looking at their range of products to be honest I didn't see what the whole Hoo Haa was about it. I was looking for a new concealer to match my skin tone as I use Mac's Select Cover up and have used this for some years now. They tested the different darker shade on me and this concealer is just AMAZING, I cant wait to test it out more and give you guys my feed back but I wore it around and was impressed.
    In case your wondering where Laura Mercier can be bought, It can be bought in John Lewis where I bought mine from.

Lancome
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24hr -£27.00
 Last but not least, I've been on the hunt for a new foundation, my Chanel is what I still currently use however I love to change my products up. So I headed for the Lancome counter where they matched me up to be a shade 10, which was perfect. I have heard really good things about this foundation and a lot of friends use it, so even though I'm jumping on the band wagon a bit late ...... Better Late than NEVER lol!
    Lancome can be purchased from John Lewis, Boots or House of Fraser. At the moment it maybe hard to find the darker shades of the foundation as Lancome are undergoing some changes to the darker shades (which I was told), because it was a bit of problem getting it, but eventually I did get it from House of Fraser. So if you have no luck try heading for the smaller stores.

That's it with this beauty haul, I just wanted to show you guys the makeup products I purchased which I think are going to be big staple pieces in my makeup routine this year. And will shortly be updating you guys with full reviews on how the products have fared up.....and weather they actually live up to their expectation or failed miserably for me

XOXO

5 comments:

  1. Amazing haul! Love everything we same shade in lancome. I need that blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon! How have you got on with you Lancome foundation? and the blush is gorg isnt it, especially on darker skin tones!
      XOXO

      Delete
    2. I love it currently holds a holy grail status in my book. I used it from when it was launched till now. Spot on shade and formula for me,hope u gon love it too!

      Delete
  2. hi beautiful..i just found your blog and i love it! and i was wondering ..would you be interested in following each other?
    KISSES :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much! and offcorse thats fine, I'm following you back :) XOXO

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig