6 February 2013

MAC Cosmetics Opens First Store In Lagos Nigeria

I thought this was a really important update, beauty wise for all those MAC makeup girls and women in Africa especially Nigeria. 
   On Saturday 2nd of February, MAC who is owned by Estee Lauder, opened their first store in WEST AFRICA. Yes out of all the countries in West Africa, Mac decided to open their store in Lagos Nigeria. They also plan to open stores in Botswana and Zambia before the ending of the year.
   I'm so pleased and excited with this step from Mac. Even though I don't currently live in Nigeria, whenever I'm there for the long duration of my summer, I tend to loose a couple products or just simply want to buy some products from a large range of selection. Which is now possible with this opening of the store.
    The store is located in Ikeja City Mall, while the second store will be opened in the Palms Mall later on this year. You'll also be happy to know that Mac have really big plans to open as many as 5 store in Nigeria over the next three years.

  Abuja the capital of Nigeria will also be next followed by Nairobi, both within the first three years Mac is in Nigeria, noted Karen Buglisi, Global Brand President For Mac Cosmetics. 
    According to their release, Part of their strategy also includes hiring a resident trainer and senior make-up artist in each location which guarantees impeccable service and five star ratings amongst customers.

“We want customers to be able to go to any market in the world and have a seamless service experience, and we will provide top-notch education to make this happen. We want to go in to Africa boldly and say, ‘We’re here.’,” Buglisi added. (PRESS RELEASE)
     Since Mac cater for a large range of darker skin tones I really do think their stores in Africa will flourish. The product that I can already see being their best seller is the Studio Fix Foundation as the formula is good for hot countries, as well as it being available in 50 different shades. I think Mac opening their store in Nigeria was a very smart move for them, even though it may effect some beauty sellers who currently stock Mac products as they now have competition with the actual store and their pricing. But it will also eradicate the unknown purchasing of fake Mac products from these sellers and the customer will only be happier in the end.

Good Move!

If any of you have visited the store, let me know your thoughts on it?

XOXO

16 comments:

  1. yes! good move indeed! it was about time they had to too many people selling their "original mac" products out there lol ...next should be Zara or forever 21 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOOL Ashi I'm telling you.. it was getting out of hand! But I cant wait to see the store when I'm around!

      I'm SO routing for a proper Zara store next too!

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Was excited when I heard about this a few days ago, lovely post hun. Estee lauder own mac by the way

    http://labellavitahearts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rami! like I was soo happy when I heard the news I had to share....Because I know there are some that arent aware yet!
      Loool oopsie *quick change of info* Thanks for that mylove!!XOXO

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I defiantly second your statement! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi dear, just a comment though but this is not the first MAC store in the whole of Africa. There is one in SA. Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara! Love your blog posts xoxo

      Delete
  5. This is such exciting news! Can't wait to visit the store and have a peek at their prices! I hope they're not ridculously marked up. EXCITINGGG AHHH!!

    Ps: There are few MAC stores in South Africa, so this isn't the first in Africa :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't believe it! Lool can't wait for you to report back to rest of us...you should defiantly do a store review ekkkk?!!! Will be excitting to go there when I'm back! Lool and yess I don't even know why SA skipped my mind! Thanks Girl XOXO

      Delete
  6. I have just known your blog , it is wonderful! I follow you, I would like you to follow me!
    kisses

    http://www.blogpersonalstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post made me happy lol! Can't wait to visit there when I go to Nigeria again. Hope it's not too overpriced. Love your blog btw :)

    http://pamsbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i was just out there and visited the store!
    it's amazing, and on a whole, Nigeria is just amazing, such a beautiful country!!
    love you blog pamela!!
    www.lamodemm.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beauty Africa 2014 is Africa’s largest women’s event covering sectors of cosmetics, fragrances, hair and nails and beauty on October 7-9, 2014 at the Eko International Convention Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.

    www.beautyafricaexhibition.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig