As I was writing this post, I was seated in the airport waiting for my flight. Wearing makeup while travelling for me was just not done. I preferred travelling bare faced, so when I'm all comfortable onboard the plane, I can put my face anywhere and not worry about staining pillows and bedding given. However times have now changed, as I feel it is important to make an effort and look your best when you step out (aside from the gym, and small errands-there is no time for that lol).
Above are few products that give me a confident polished effortless look when I travel. As you can see the products above are not many, as becoming a newbie to the whole makeup and flying, I don't want to be dragging my hand luggage filled to the brim with a whole makeup bag (not forgetting you have to take out the products and put in a plastic bag, to clear security).
So first up we have:
- 1)MAC Mineralize Skinfinish- Deep Dark: I raved about this lightweight MAC powder for ages and it is essential for me to use when flying, as I don't use any foundation or concealer underneath. So by using this product it gives a clean even polished look, without being heavy. Sometimes I even feel like I'm not wearing anything which is a feeling, I don't come across too often with makeup. (I can't wait for the day, when we will be able to wear makeup, and not feel like we are wearing anything on our skin)
- 2) Sephora Mascara: Mascara is what in my opinion, makes the easy effortless look, as it opens up the eyes, and gives the face some life. Without mascara, my eyes are so tiny and wearing eyelashes on long flights may not be ideal for some. So mascara is the best alternative and not to mention quick to apply.
- 3) MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish- Shape The future: This product is optional. I don't usually use this product to highlight, as I use MAC iridescent loose powder in golden bronze, which I spoke abut in my previous post. However the loose powder is not compact enough as you will see in my previous post to be carried along with me. So I opted for the Mac Extra dimension Skinfinish in Shape the future. This highlight is quite bright, and therefore small amounts go a long way. For me, I choose to wear and carry this highlight onboard with me, because I was travelling for quite a while and therefore needed a highlight that would really give a healthy glow.
- 4)MAC Razin Blush: Every girl needs a blush, to bring out their healthy glow. I chose to bring along Razin by MAC, which is one of my favourites. It is almost like a burnt coppery colour and is absolutely gorgeous on darker complexions. If you are fairer in complexion, a light hand would be advised.
- 5) Vaseline: Vaseline is absolutely essential, as when the lipstick comes off during the flight after eating and drinking, you will get tired of reapplying. Vaseline will be your makeup product of comfort believe me.
- 6) MAC Lipgloss- Viva Glam V: As the face is quite bare with only a powder, mascara, highlight and blush. I would advise a serious lip combo to be acompanied. I opted for a nude look and used Viva Glam V lipgloss on top of my teddy lipstick, lined with my chestnut lip pencil.
- 7) MAC Lip Pencil- Chestnut: Very essential, to give definition to the lips.
- 8) MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick: Surprisingly this lipstick is not my go to, but it just so happened that I was in a mega rush when leaving the house and could not decide which to throw into my handbag. And this gem happened to be the fortunate one. I did enjoy wearing this lipstick, its a natural shade of nude, not too light in colour, and was perfect for the journey.
- MAC eyebrow pencil in spiked: I had my eyebrows threaded in my previous post, where I spoke about eyebrow threading. Therefore I did not need to bother with doing my brows. But for those that would want to add a little something to their brows, an eyebrow pencil of your choice would be added.
These are my travel essentials with regards to makeup. If your not one to bother with making yourself up to fly, just try it with as minimal products as possible and tell me how it goes. Trust me, its not that bad, considering I love practicality and comfort.
Thanks for stopping by, and have an amazing week ahead (especially for those here in Nigeria, who are back to work after having the luxuary of a 4 day weekend)